Thursday, March 17, 2011

Over the Rainbow Cupcakes





So you may have seen these on other blogs but I wanted to but my spin on them. These were so fun to make! I took a normal box of Betty Crocker Yellow cake mix made the batter as directed and then split the batter up into 4 bowls.  In each bowl I added food coloring! Mixed it up. Presley helped me with this. She thought that was so much fun! Next I took a small tablespoon and began to add the red, then the orange, yellow and finally green on the top!  Baked them for the amount that the box said.  I let them cool over night.

Today I made the butter cream frosting: Here is my favorite recipe for butter cream

1 stick of butter
4-5 Tablespoons of milk
4 cups of powdered sugar.
I usually but a teaspoon of vanilla in.  Today I totally forgot and I honestly think it tasted better!
Added several drops of green food coloring

Put the frosting in my pampered chef Easy Accent Decorator (I love this tool)
and piped the frosting onto the cupcakes.
I found those adorable Leprechaun hats at Michael's today placed those with green sprinkles on top!

The kids absolutely loved them.  Glad they were such a huge hit!

No comments: